Way Basics Blog
This year we celebrate 5 years! This is all because of your belief in us and in what we are doing to help the world and keep each other organized!
Thanks for all your amazing support. We look forward to a new year of innovation and building possibilities and communities with Way Basics!
In this time of giving, we would like to thank you all for your commitment to helping the world through sustainable, eco-friendly organization (and for having fun with us along the way!).
We would especially like to thank our Superfans (who connect with us weekly or even daily!) by awarding them a certificate of merit and a token of our appreciation! Check Facebook every Monday & Wednesday this month and see if you have reached Superfan status! If you have, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can send out your thank you gift!
Thanks again for your support and Happy Holidays to all!
Ps. A note of our gratitude from us to you,
Use WBHOLIDAYS2012 to get 20% too!
Until Dec 31st then this coupon will expire
So be sure to gift organizational storage to help inspire…
(cleanliness ☺ )
PPs. If you look closely at the image, you will get some hints about our new Spring products! :)
The zBoard material used in Way Basics products is versatile, eco-friendly, and simple to use. This Holiday season, fashion brand bebe installed custom zBoard storage cubes as part of their window display. This project was completed with Great Big Picture, a supplier of in-store graphics to many of the nation's top retailers. All bebe stores internationally will have the cubes this Holiday. It's amazing to see that companies like bebe care about our environmental impact since many of these display are temporary and end up in landfills. With zBoard, after the promotion, they can simply be recycled and one day find themselves back as new Way Basics products. Let's get ready for the Holidays!
Way Basics is overjoyed to bring you this Tip Tuesday by Aby Garvey. She is a creative organizing expert and the founder and co-owner of www.simplify101.com. Simplify 101’s mission is to make getting organized simple and fun! Get a taste of simplify 101—and the organized life—with their FREE, simple-to-follow guide How to Create a Command Central Binder . If you’d like to learn more about simplify 101’s online workshops, check out their free workshop How to Change Your Life in 10 Simple Steps.
It’s hard to believe that November is almost here. And you know what that means: the holidays are right around the corner! Whether this thought fills you with excitement or dread, there are some simple things you can do to get organized for the holidays and make the season a joyful and stress-free time of year. Here’s how to get started.
1. Start with the end in mind. For just a minute, think about how you felt on December 26th last year. Were you relaxed and satisfied, or were you exhausted and relieved that the holiday rush was? If the latter, think about how you’d like to feel this year, not only on the 26th, but throughout November and December. Then, distill this vision into a simple statement. My statement is “the joy is in the journey,” and it helps me stay focused on what really matters throughout the holiday season. What do you want this holiday season?
2. Make a to-do list and assign time slots. Once you have your vision for the season in place, make a simple to-do list of all the things you typically do this time of year including shopping for gifts, wrapping gifts, sending cards, baking, entertaining, and so on. Then, do a sanity check, with yourself and your family. Which items on this list support your vision for the season? Which tasks get in the way of creating the type of holiday you really want? Give yourself permission to simplify your list and edit out those tasks that don’t help you create the kind of holiday season you want. Then, pull out a calendar and schedule the tasks you will do.
3. Start early. The best way to ensure you create the kind of holiday season you envisioned in step 1 is to start early. Take action on steps 1 and 2 this week—and then make a little bit of progress on your to-do list each day. By working on your holiday to-dos a little bit at a time throughout the season, you’ll alleviate stress and create space for the people and activities that matter most to you.
By following these three steps, you can create a holiday season that is centered on what is most important to you and your family.
P.S. If you’d like a complete system to organize every aspect of the holiday season, my Get Organized for the Holidays online workshop is for you. This workshop gives you tools to simplify your holiday to-do list, including printable forms to organize everything from shopping, to entertaining, to gift wrapping, to scheduling activities and to-dos. Class begins Thursday, November 1st and runs through December 20th. During this time, you'll have access to a private message board where you can ask me questions. I'll answer them within one business day (often even faster) so it's like having a professional organizer "on-call" throughout the holiday season. You’re invited to join the fun. And you're invited to create a stress-free, joy-filled holiday season this year and for years to come. Get all the details and sign up here!
Dear Devoted Way Basics Fans,
Thank you so much for your continued support! We are so sad that Facebook has asked small businesses like us to pay to promote our page. Unfortunately, at this point only 10% of you will see our daily organizational tips, customer photos, and eco-friendly news posts. This is so sad because we miss your interaction and involvement! YOU make the Way Basics community what it is!
To continue connecting to the Way Basics community, you can do the following:
- Hover your mouse over the “Like” button (see pics below) and select “Show in News Feed.” You could also add us to an interests list (may we suggest: We <3 Organization!) You can access those interest lists by clicking on the Facebook icon on the left and seeing your groups and interests.
- Check out our page for our daily tips, tricks, and suggestions relating to organization and living eco-friendly!
- A “Like” or “comment” doesn’t hurt every once in awhile. In fact, it helps increase the likelihood that you will see our updates!
Of course, you can always check out our blog (here!) and Pinterest or Twitter (@waybasics) for all things Way Basics!
You make this community special, and it has been really sad to think that we have only been reaching a small percentage of you! Thank you for your continued support and we hope to see you in the social-media world soon!
The Way Basics Family
Prize for WINNER: $150 to waybasics.com. (Prize for us: making your room mess-free!)
Please see the instructions below:
1. Submit your messiest room (because mess = scary) by emailing us a photo to email@example.com (by Oct 26th)
2. We will pick the messiest rooms, post on Facebook and then YOU bribe, cajole, plead with your friends and family to vote for you! (by liking/ commenting on your picture)
3. WINNER with most likes/comments will be selected Oct 31st!
(Check out our Facebook album"Halloween Messy Room Contest" for more details!)
We are proud to announce our partnership with the amazing Vine.com. Vine is an online destination for natural, organic and sustainably-made products. Of course we were overjoyed to help them stock their online shelves with our zBoard products.
Described directly from their PR team, "Featuring everything from paraben-free skincare and gluten-free snacks to reclaimed wood furnishings and solar-powered electronics, Vine.com makes life easier for consumers who want to access to green products and shop for them in one place. Customers receive free 1-2 day delivery on orders of $49 or more." Best of all, all items are backed by Vine.com’s 365-day guarantee return policy.
We are so excited to partner with them and join the ranks of other amazing brands such as Seventh Generation, Inhabit, Method, Happy Baby and more! Be sure to check them out and let us know what amazing new eco-friendly products you find (comment below!).
We love partnering with organizations that have goals and values that align with others. Like Way Basics, Project Green Dorm, is all about taking simple steps in our every day life to help take care of the planet for generations to come. Project Green Dorm (PGD) is a back-to-school resource to help students move from "conventional to conscious living" in their every day choices. At Way Basics, we are proud to announce that we have helped college student, Amanda, reach her goal of greening her dorm room.
Way Basics donated some of our green storage cubes to the cause and are overjoyed to help Amanda, and Project Green Dorm, spread their message of sustainability for the future. Check out the awesome video of this project Going Green in College Dorms and keep spreading the word about the importance of safety and sustainability in our homes and planet!